How are side steps different from running boards?
Often people confuse a side step and a running board. Many think that they are all the same. But they are different. The Range rover side steps are different from running boards in following ways:
- The side steps have extra space between the vehicle and the step
- The side steps offer less ground clearance. This is to aid the person stepping into the lifted vehicles as that of Range rovers.
- The side steps come with custom positioned step pads
- The width of side steps is less than the running boards
On the other hand, the running board are used on lower vehicles. Unlike side steps, they feature a full – length tread. Also, they are wider and come with a flatter profile.
Types of side steps
There are different types of Range Rover Side steps. They are chrome, black, textured, rubberized, boot scrapers, etc. There are full length side steps and wheel to wheel side steps. You can customize them according to your wish. Choose the one that adds up to the look and adds in luxury to the vehicle.
Automatic Electric power side steps
These side steps close and open automatically. It is very impressive. The conventional fixed side steps are less expensive than these automatic steps. However, they are prone to irreparable damages. As the automatic side steps fold to the inside, you can avoid damages. Also, the automatic power side steps help stop you catching your leg. It also improves access to the vehicle and clean roof easily. Unlike the conventional side steps, these steps avoid you slipping.
Things to consider while buying side steps
- Do the Range rover side steps allow adding rails?
- Is the quality and grip of the side steps good?
- How to mount the side steps on the vehicle?
- How weight will the side steps add to the vehicle?
- Can the side steps be color coded to the Range Rover?
What are the different types of side steps?
Side Steps: These are the basic types that come in single piece or pad fixed. They are designed for vehicle entry and exit.
Rock sliders: These are designed to protect the side of the vehicle from debris or rocks on a rough road. You can attack a pad for vehicle entry if you want.
Side Rails: They run from the bulbar to the rear wheel. It is used to provide a step and prevent slippage while entering the Range Rover.
Cheshire Side Steps can provide a variety of different side steps to suit your requirements. Take a look at our products online or visit our location in Manchester.